Natural and Organic Skin and Body Care at 8th Day
At The Eighth Day, we believe that healthy skin and hair can be achieved naturally without compromising the environment or your ethics. We choose premium quality, natural and organic skin care products which utilise natural botanical extracts and essential oils, formulated to provide the best possible care for your hair and skin.
All of the body care, make-up and beauty products stocked within our store in Manchester are naturally derived, cruelty free, with no animal testing and are suitable for vegetarians, with a large proportion being suitable for vegans.
We are passionate about natural and organic skincare and make every effort to source products that are free from parabens, SLS, SLES, artificial perfumes, mineral oils, petrochemicals or harsh colourants. We have a huge range of hand picked, pure, natural and organic products, from simple holistic, plant based carrier and essential oils, to high performance high-technology award winning beauty formulations, loved by beauty experts.
We've recently been investigating more products that use low or zero waste packaging and therefore have a lower environmental impact and are proud to stock over 200 items that satisfy this criteria. We have a great range of bamboo and birch toothbrushes, naked soaps, low or no packaging shampoo bars, hair conditioner bars, bath bombs, lotions, natural deodorants, body butter, bath products, hair wax, dry shampoo, toothpaste, mouthwash and floss all in reusable or compostable packaging with many zero waste.
We're very pleased to have forged relationships with small zero waste brands such as Georganics, F.E.T.E, Zero Waste Path, Kitenest, Kutis, The Funky Soap Shop and Friendly Soap, the products they make offer a real alternative to plastic packaged products. We also offer a Faith In Nature Refill and Suma Alternative service for Shampoo, Conditioner , Shower Gel & Hand Wash as well as refills on the very popular Dr Bonners natural and organic liquid soap. Simply bring your empty Faith In Nature or Dr Bronners bottle back to us and we'll refill it, saving you money and creating less plastic waste.
We are confident that you will find a bodycare or beauty product to suit your skin/hair type and budget from the following ranges:
- Absolute Aromas Essential Oils - gorgeous essential oils, mood enhancing oil blends and natural room sprays.
- Atlantic Aromatics - Essentials oil company based in Dublin specialising in high quality organic essential oils and massage blends.
- Amour Naturals - Essential oils company based in Glastonbury supplying great quality essential oils, carrier oils and diy ingredients.
- Antipodes - New Zealand based pioneering, high performance beauty brand creating scientifically validated organic and natural skin care products.
- ArgiletzLaboratoire Clays - A long standing French company with excellent ethical principles and outstanding mineral clays.
- Ashley James Soaps - A cheshire based soap house, we stock their excellent and very economical plant based soaps and hugely popular bath bombs.
- Avalon Organics - An American based bodycare company, we stock their organic skin, hair and body care products.
- Balm of Gilead Soaps - A wonderful soap maker who makes amazing bars with fresh fruits and vegetables and around 60% organic ingredients in recyclable packaging.
- Bathing Beauty - This welsh artisan skincare company is well known for their Jones the Bones bath salts and muscle and joint oil as well as a host of low waste skin care.
- Ben & Anna - Formulated and designed by strict vegans Ben and Anna, these cardboard packaged, bicarbonate of soda and plant oil based deodorants and jarred toothpastes offer a real effective alternative for people looking to follow a more low waste lifestyle.
- Benecos - An Italian beauty and cosmetic company - we stock some of their good quality but inexpensive natural skin care and make-up, including vegan mascara, liquid eyeliner, foundation, BB cream and konjac sponges.
- Bentley Organic - Yorkshire based organic and natural body care manufacturer. We love these inexpensive, everyday hair and bodycare products.
- Brave Botanicals - From the Manchester based Faith In Nature house, Brave Botanicals is the more luxurious little sister of the Faith family with gorgeously scented natural haircare.
- Coconutty - Soap & Shampoo Bars - Locally based Coconutty make hand made palm-free bars of vegan soap and shampoo from virgin coconut oil.
- Cocoon Therapies - A local supplier of cold-pressed, premium, organic and fair trade argan oil, Cocoon is also a partner with the UCFA, the first Union of Berber Women Cooperatives in South Morroco, known to be the producers of the best argan oil.
- Cosmetic Butters - We stock their Shea, Aloe, Avocado & Macadamia plant butters.
- Dr Bronners - Organic, natural and fairtrade liquid soaps, creamy long lasting, soap bars, hand and body lotion, shaving gel and lip balms. We now offer refills on the liquid soaps.
- Dr.Hauschka - This award winning German company have been around for a long time and with very good reason. This sustainable and ethically led beauty company, specialises in holistically formulated natural skin care products with a high percentage of organic ingredients using premium ingredients from around the world.
- Earth Friendly Baby & Kids - Bath products for babies and kids made from a gentle blend of naturally-derived ingredients and certified organic extracts.
- Earth Kind - Shampoo bars designed by Trichologist Tony Maleedy, these shampoo bars have a built in conditioning agent to leave hair soft and manageable.
- Eden Perfumes: Based in Brighton this vegan perfume house creates beautiful, cruelty free fragrances, crafted from natural botanicals and essential oils. Specialising in designer fragrance "dupes" as they are know, Eden create scents reminiscent of the high street's most popular perfume brands but without the animal testing or hefty price tag.
- Fair Squared: A German based company who specialise in natural, fair trade and vegan body care, including lotions, hand creams, soap and showergel as well as candles & fairly traded rubber period cups or menstrual cups.
- Faith In Nature A long running Manchester based institution, we've stocked their products for years. We stock locally made loose unwrapped soaps, hair care, shower gel, hand wash, deodorants and skin care. We offer refills available in Aloe Vera or Lavender scents for shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and hand wash, just bring your empty bottle back and we'll refill it, saving pennies and plastic waste.
- F.E.T.E Bamboo Toothbrushes - We love these low/zero waste bamboo toothbrushes and they are hugely popular with ur customers too.
- Friendly Soap - Todmorden (so fairly local) based soap makers, these guys make seriously good vegan shampoo bars, bath soap, and facial cleansing bars all in plastic free packaging or nearly naked format, perfect for those following a low or zero waste lifestyle. Made from plant oils and palm free, they're also ridiculously well priced.
- Georganics - This innovative UK company specialises in low waste dental products, we stock their bamboo toothbrushes, oil pulling mouthwash, natural toothpaste, toothpowder and floss which are all packaged in fully recyclable or reusable packaging.
- Giovanni Haircare - A vegetarian Californian brand that specialises in salon style hair products, we only stock their vegan products and have a range of shampoo, conditioner, and styling products such as serums, wax, balm, hair spray, hair gel, volumising products and more targeted to different hair types.
- Green People - A natural and organic UK based skin care brand with a range of skin care, body care hair care and baby products.
- Hopes Relief - A natural brand from Australia offering products that help with eczema, psoriasis, seborrhea and itch skiny skin conditions.
- Hurraw Vegan Lipbalms - Lip balms made from all natural, vegan, raw, organic, and fair trade ingredients.
- In Greens - Ethically made bamboo and stainless steel Safety Razors.
- ImseVimse - Swedish brand of washable and reusable sanitary pads, panty liners, cleansing pads & baby wipes made from organic cotton.
- Inika Cosmetics - Australian brand of vegan, natural and organic cosmetics rich in pure, natural mineral pigments.
- Jason - Long running body care brand with a range of hair and body care.
- John Masters Organics - Cult hair and body care brand from the USA, from the kitchen of one of the first truly organic hairdressers, a fave on the red carpet and catwalks.
- Khadi Hair - Truly natural, henna and herbal hair colours and natural shampoos based on ayurvedic herbs.
- Kingfisher - Vegan toothpaste made with natural ingredients.
- Kitenest - A small, indie company creating 100% natural products with the emphasis on zero and low waste. We stock their hair wax, dry shampoo, scrub and body butters.
- Konjac Sponge Co - Vegan sponges made from konjac a kind of sweet potato infused with botanicals.
- Kutis - A small indie company based in Wales, we stock a range of their low waste deodorants packaged in cardboard.
- Laidbare - A UK based vegan skincare brand that packs a lot of punch into their very reasonably priced skin care products.
- Lavera - A German company that's been around for a good while producing a wide range of natural skin, hair and oral care products.
- Lunette - A Finnish company that produces reusable menstrual cups and accessories.
- Mooncup - A UK company that produces reusable menstrual cups.
- Native Unearthed - a range of natural deodorants in reusable jars.
- Naturally Thinking - A small company based just outside of London producing essential oils, hydosols, plant oils and cosmetic packaging for a spot of DIY skincare, we also sell some of their skincare on our refill bar.
- Natracare - Natracare make natural period care and aims to leave the smallest footprint on the earth as possible, as such, all of their products are chemical and additive free, using only natural materials that meet their environmental and biodegradable standards, sourced from producers that monitor and manage their resources. Their sanitary pads, tampons and panty liners are also plastic free.
- Naturtint - Hair colour formulations whichcontain very high levels of natural ingredients, including natural and organic plant and seed oil and extracts, each one carefully chosen for their proven hair and scalp enhancing benefits. These work alongside the essential, but small number of, chemical ingredients including hydrogen peroxide and PPD, required to deliver the best possible permanent hair colour results and finish:
- Natura Siberica - A range of body care products made from Siberian botanicals including sea-buckthorn, siberian pine, rhodiola and snow cladonia.
- Nova Scotia Xtreme Skincare - Based in rural Canada, this brand emerged as part of a community effort to provide hard working skincare that protected against the harsh conditions in winter and provided work for the local community.
- Organic Essence Shea - A USA based company, ahead of it's time in terms of sustainable packaging and the issues of plastic waste they've been packaging their organic, plant based skincare in cardboard well before zero waste became popular.
- Organyc - Period care products made with organic cotton.
- Pitrok -A long running deodorant brand which utilises natural crystal salts with their deodorants.
- Preserve - Founded in 1996 in the USA preserve make razors, toothbrushes and tongue scrapers made from plastic waste.
- REN - London based clean skincare brand, which gets rave reviews for it's high tech, performance driven skincare.
- Rio Rosa - Skincare brand based on the seed of the Rosa Mosquetta rose from Chile.
- Salcura - Natural skin nourishment products ideal for anyone with skin problems including dryness, acne, eczema, dermatitis or psoriasis.
- Sukin - An Australian based vegan body care company, Sukin make natural skincare that's big on value and reasonably priced.
- Suma Alter/native -We stock soap, shampoo and conditioner bars as well as liquid shampoo, conditioner and bodywash available on refill from this fellow workers' co-operative based in Yorkshire.
- The Eco Bath London - Based in London, we stock a range of loofahs, pumices, sisal exfoliators and more to create your own home spa.
- The Funky Soap Shop - We stock a range of their popular low waste solid shampoos, hair conditioner bars & cleansing bars for the body and face.
- Tints of Nature - Henna based hair dyes.
- Tony Maleedy - We stock shampoo and conditioner from this UK based hair specialist, who has a background in cosmetic science and trichology.
- Upcircle - A family company set up by brother and sister combo Will and Anna, who re-purpose used coffee grounds from London Cafes to create energising body scrubs.
- Urtekram toothpaste - Danish brand of bodycare products, we stock their toothpastes.
- Weleda - German based natural body care brand that was founded in 1921, we love the cult product Skinfood, a favourite on the catwalk.
- Woo Bamboo - A range of low waste bamboo toothbrushes and toothpaste.
- White Rose - The bulk of our essential oils come from this yorkshire supplier.
- Yaoh - Based in Bristol, this vegan company makes hemp oil based bodycare, our customers love their suncreams and lipbalms.
- Yaweco - A range of low waste toothbrushes.
- Zero Waste Path - a range of low waste skincare, we stock their 2 in 1 Shampoo Bars, Solid Lotions and Balms which are packaged in fully compostable or recycleable .
Our knowledgeable beauty team, Jeniya and Julie have years of experience in advising and aiding customers, our aim is that you will always leave the store with the right product for you. We work in tandem with our fully qualified Nutritionist and Product Advisors within our Nutrition Department, as we fully believe that skin conditions such as ezcema, psoriasis, hormonal acne and rosacea benefit from a whole body approach. We strive to provide a wide range of natural skin and personal care items and try to have the best products available to suit all skin types and budgets, so come in and browse or take some time out to chat to us and tell us your requirements.
We stock an extensive selection of essential and base oils from the following essential oil companies; Absolute Aromas, Amour Naturals, Atlantic Aromatics, Nature Knows Best and White Rose Oils. Our essential oils are suitable for many different applications such as skincare and therapeutic use as well as home and personal perfumery.