Tofu Kebabs For 2
1 450g packet of plain tofu
1 red pepper
1 red onion
1 green pepper
2 long woody rosemary stems or skewers
1 clove of garlic
Chopped rosemary leaves (removed from the skewers)
1 tablespoon of tomato
A generous sprinkling of freshly ground black pepper
Good olive oil
- If you are using rosemary for your skewers, choose long and woody stems and strip off most of the leaves. Leave a small tuft at one end.
- Chop the tofu into large cubes and marinate for 1 hour in the lime juice, the tomato puree, finely chopped garlic and chilli, and a tablespoon of finely chopped rosemary leaves.
- Chop the red onion and the peppers into the same size pieces as the tofu and coat in the marinade.
- Skewer the tofu and vegetables in a pattern of alternate colours and then finish off with a wedge of lime.
- You may need a sharp knife to make holes in the tofu and vegetables before you thread them.
- Drizzle with olive oil, season with the black pepper, then on to the BBQ (let's hope for an Indian Summer eh?) or grill.