Red Dragon Pie
4oz aduki beans
1 clove garlic
1 or 2 chillies
1 red pepper
3 sticks celery
4oz sliced mushrooms
14oz tin tomatoes
2 tablespoons tomato pureé
a splash tamari (whaet-free soya sauce)
salt & pepper
- Cook and cool the aduki beans.
- Cook and mash the potatoes.
- Chop the onion, crush the garlic, chop the chillies, then fry together in a little oil until soft.
- Dice the carrot and red pepper, chop the celery, then add to the onions and fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Slice the mushrooms, add to the pan, and fry until soft.
- Pureé the tomatoes and add to the pan along with the tomato pureé and tamari, season well.
- Pour the mixture into an oven proof dish and top with the mashed potato.
- Sprinkle with paprika and cook for 45 minutes at gas mark 7.